Re: “Proofs Are Not As Important As Discoveries” (PANAIAD).
Conjecture and Discovery fall under the heading of Abductive Inference (AI’s missing grape).
About which more when I pull my heading out of the Pandemic …
In the mean time, here’s a budget of links from previous discussions.
- Survey of Abduction, Deduction, Induction, Analogy, Inquiry
- Survey of Pragmatic Semiotic Information
- Functional Logic • Inquiry and Analogy
- Prospects for Inquiry Driven Systems
- Introduction to Inquiry Driven Systems
- Information = Comprehension × Extension
- Inquiry Driven Systems • Inquiry Into Inquiry
- Abductive Inference, Concept Formation, Hypothesis Formation
- Information = Comprehension × Extension • Revisited
- Pragmatic Semiotic Information (Ψ)